The Lavaman Waikoloa run is a 10 kilometer run that is one of triathlons most scenic.
The run starts with a lava field run, then on fast street sections and then a tour through the Hilton Waikoloa Village resort grounds. The run finishes with epic one mile single track beach trail to the sandy beach finish line.
- Bikers must rack bike before run.
- Relay exchange for runners is at bike.
- NO AUDIO DEVICES ALLOWED (NO IPODS, MP3 PLAYER, HEADPHONES)
- You must have wear shirt or singlet during run (chest must be covered)
- Race number must be worn during run - race number must be in front and attached to shirt or race belt.
- Aid Station will be every mile for a total of six.
- Water, Fluid Replacement and an energy gels will be at aid stations.
- Please throw away trash at aid-stations
- Porta-Johns will be available throughout run course. You must use restrooms.
- No nudity!
- Be aware of Hotel Guests, when running through Hilton.
- A portion of the run course is run on the ancient Kings Trail - it is very narrow - Please use caution
- We recommend a trail or training shoe (Not a racing flat) for the run. You will encounter, lava, sand, crushed coral and dirt.
- The finish line is located on the beach at the swim start.
Click to open image!